Science For Class 6
Have you ever thought what are we made up of? What are the basic units of all living things? What is the difference between plants and animals?
In this chapter you will learn about:
- Animal and Plant Cells
- Unicellular and Multi-cellular Organism
- Plant and Animal Tissues
- Plant (Leaf and Flower) and Human Organs (Liver, Lungs and Heart)
- Introduction to Plant Systems (Root & Shoot System) and Major Human Systems (Digestive, Respiratory, Circulatory, Excretory, Nervous Systems)
All the students will be able to:
- Define cell.
- Describe the different parts of a light microscope and how it works.
- Identify different kinds of cells using a microscope.
- Draw, label and describe the basic structure of an animal cell and a plant cell.
- Compare and contrast an animal cell with a plant cell.
- State the function of each part of the cell to indicate how the cell supports life.
- Differentiate between unicellular and multi-cellular organisms.
- Distinguish between tissues and organs.
- State the functions of the major systems of the human body.
- Recognize root and shoot systems in plants.
- Describe the cellular hierarchy from cell to organ systems in animals and plants.