Science for Class 7
In the previous class you have studied about the cells, tissues, organs and functions of the major systems in the human body. You have also studied that different systems in the body co-ordinate their activities. Now you will study the structure and function of the digestive system.
Have you ever observed what happens inside our body, when we take a first bite of food? Any time we smell or taste or even think about good food, we feel some fluid inside the mouth. Where does this fluid comes from? What is the role of this fluid while eating?
In this Chapter you will learn about
- Digestive System
- Disorder of Digestion (Constipation and Diarrhea)
- Respiratory System
- Common Diseases of Respiratory System
All the students will be able to:
- Describe various components of Human digestive systems
- Describe digestion and its importance
- Describe how digestive system helps in the digestion of various kinds of foods.
- Identify common disorders of the digestive systems.
- List the factors that leads to constipation and diarrhea, and the measures that can be taken to prevent them.
- Describe the mechanism of respiration in humans.
- Differentiate between breathing and burning processes.
- Identify the common diseases of respiratory systems and discuss their causes and preventing measures.