Bookmark This Page
Social Studies for Class 5
Chapter 1 - Globe and Map Skills
After studying this chapter the students will be able to:
- Understand that there are 180 imaginary lines of latitude and 360 imaginary lines of longitudes.
- Name the main lines of latitudes and and longitudes.
- Locate the main lines of latitudes and longitudes on a globe and on a map.
- Use latitudes and longitudes to locate major cities of Pakistan and of the World.
- Use the index of an atlas to locate places.
- Use latitudes and longitudes in determining directions.
- Identify time zones and relate them to longitudes.
- Identify the significance of the location of Pakistan.
- Recognize that there are many kinds of maps and choose the best map for the purpose at hand.
- Read and interpret scales (expressed as a statement or bar) on different maps.
- Use the map scale to measure roads and rivers, and determine distance between places.