Bookmark This Page
Social Studies for Class 5
Chapter 10 - Means of Information
After studying this chapter the students will be able to:
- Identify the various means of information.
- Differentiate between mass-media and non mass-media.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of various means of
- Identify the role of media in the political process.
- Distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Differentiate between different points of view on a subject in newspapers articles and news
- Identify bias in advertisements and news reports.
- Interpret information from newspapers, television, and
- Make a class newspaper (informative articles, advertisements, editorials, news items, weather reports, cartoons, etc.).
- Create a public service message on a current social or environmental issue for radio, television, newspaper or
- Conduct a survey with students in their school to identify the most and least popular TV program and share the information (organize information in the form of tables, graphs, and charts).
- Defend their position on which is the most important means of information today.